Monday 18 June 2007

Background

During a conversation with Z****, while under the influence, I relayed to her my desire, when I'm an established author, to one day write a book called 'The Lovers of My Life'. The novel would be a reflection on what I've learnt from all my relationships over the years - casual, serious, flirtations, frustrations - you get it. I know that it's been done many times over, but I've experienced a series of strange and amusing situations that could appeal to those women out there who feel like a good hunk of chicklit.

I suppose this is what this blog is designed to communicate: my reflections on growing up and living in the Australian Jewish community - the pain, the satisfaction, the frustration, the glorious, the belonging and the alienation that encircles us all.

So, a little bit of background:

I am a reluctant JAP - a Jewish Australian Princess hesitant to accept the 'privileged' label attached to my background and upbringing.

My best friend is Z****, a woman of valour in all seriousness, a self-assured and inspiring individual who never ceases to amaze and amuse me.

My younger sister is A****, a shy and awkward girl finding her place in the world.

My longest term boyfriend is 2. He, I assume, will pop into posts as exes have a habit of doing. Without permission.

All women in this blog will be referred to by their initials followed by ****. All men are the initials followed by ____.

Enjoy.

No comments: